Summit Design and Engineering Services, PLLC CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER INSPECTOR - TRANSPORATION TECHNICIANS I, II, III and IV in Wilmington, North Carolina
Summit Design and Engineering Services is seeking CEITransportation Technicians I, II III and IV with NCDOT Roadway/Structure experience to work on highway construction projects located in the Wilmington area.
- Assist in the inspection of various roadways and structures construction operations and perform a variety of calculations and computations with supervision
- Perform materials sampling and testing
- Collect materials weigh tickets and conduct various roadway tests to ensure materials delivered to project meets specifications and are placed in accordance with standard specification
- Keep various project records/ reports
- Take field measurements of various completed items and make calculations to determine contract pay quantities
- Read plans and blueprints
- Basic computer skills including, using an iPad, Microsoft Windows, email and Internet
- Working knowledge of mathematics including algebra, geometry, trigonometry and the ability to apply formulas
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Level II and III Technicians must be able to perform duties without constant supervision and should be able to read resource materials to determine answers to simple inspection requirements
- Level IV technicians may serve as a lead project inspector performing general project oversite and communication with the contractor and NCDOT
- Level IV technicians will be responsible for the supervision of lower level technicians while providing guidance as needed
*Certifications Preferred: *
- NCDOT Concrete
- NCDOT QMS Roadway
- NCDOT Conventional Density
- NCDOT ABC Sampling
- NCDOT Borrow Pit Sampling
- NCDOT Level II Erosion & Sediment Control
Candidates will be subject to outside environmental conditions, including hazards at highway construction sites. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion. Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to stand up to 12 hours a day on occasion. Must have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel and twist, use hands to grasp and arms to reach, to raise hands above head, to sit, climb and balance and to work in confined spaces and heights.
Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record. Criminal background check will be performed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurance, H S A, medical and dependent care FSAs, 401(k), service awards, paid voluntary/community service leave and tuition reimbursement.
Location: Wilmington, NC, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time