Continental Corporation Quality Technician (Analysis 3rd shift) in Morganton, North Carolina
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.0 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 88688BR
Job Title Quality Technician (Analysis 3rd shift)
Country United States
Posting Location Morganton, NC
Perform timely testing and analysis on Production parts (NOK’s, process variation, etc) to determine root cause and provide information / data for corrective actions. Monitor Production line data (SPC) to focus and prioritize part analysis and investigations to protect the customer and lower scrap rates.
1) Perform testing and analysis on Production parts (NOK’s, process variation,etc…)
2) Utilize data monitoring tools to highlight analysis priorities.
3) Support (Production, QAP, IT, etc…) in establishing optimized and updated Production data monitoring methods and alert triggers.
4) Develop and maintain current knowledge / information (as necessary) on product and station drawings, specifications, etc…
5) Document findings into individual reports and/or trend information.
6) Work with Sr. Quality Engineer (Jidoka), QAP and FA Operators to establish optimized Production line analysis strategy and support accordingly (Jidoka meetings, training…).
7) Support Plant and Worldwide meetings as needed (Jidoka, Internal Defect Management, Scrap Reduction, etc…)
8) Plan and carry out special studies as needed to lower NOK & reject rates or gather data for changes to the process or product.
9) Maintain testing and analysis equipment.
Strong technical and mechanical mindset
Aptitude to develop solid technical understanding of EBS product and processes
Experience operating test and teardown equipment (test stands, measuring devices, lathe, etc)
Knowledge of SPC
Good communication skills.
Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, email... )
Associates Degree (technical field)
5+ years experience in Automotive Quality
2 years experience with product (ideal)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.